Appointment Type - Permanent
Job Term - Full Time
Hours - 36
Location - Kingston and Sutton
Full details - We've set up a dedicated recruitment website for IT and Digital roles, you can learn more about the work we do, our customers, vision, available roles and what it's like to work for us by visiting www.kingston-sutton-digital-jobs.co.uk/
Digital and IT is a shared service between Kingston and Sutton Councils providing digital and technology services to both Councils as well as a number of arm's length companies.
We're committed to delivering great public services that are not only highly effective but also easily accessible. We’ve championed the digitisation of services as well as adopting a ‘mobile first’ model to ensure that this commitment is fulfilled.
As a member of the senior leadership team, you’ll be responsible for the delivery of Digital and IT services across our customer base, including Cloud and Platform, Digital Customer Support and Application Support. You’ll help develop and drive the Digital Strategy and maintain relationships at a senior level.
Its main purpose is to:
- Co-leading on annual and three yearly projection and forecasting of budgets. This will incorporate effective financial controls and mechanisms to ensure the allocation of resources is driven by strategic priorities and is sufficiently flexible to respond to shifts in demand within a 3 year planning cycle.
- Developing and delivering the Digital & IT Joint Service Plan and associated KPIs
- Implementing a consistent approach to Service Development based around the ITIL framework
- Working closely with colleagues to understand service priorities and ensure projects and programmes are aligned to short, medium and long term objectives of the service and wider council objectives
- Driving down operational costs while driving up quality of service to the appropriate levels
A full overview of the role is available in the Job Profile.
Benefits we offer
Kingston Council has good access to central London and our offices are a short walk from the station based in the middle of the historic and vibrant high street next to the open spaces of the river Thames, offering a wide range of shops, restaurants and leisure facilities; all making for a desirable place to live and work.
The successful candidate will have access to a wide range of staff benefits, some of which include:
- 29 days annual leave - In addition you will receive 8 statutory bank holidays
- Local government pension scheme
- Interest free season loan ticket
- Cycle to work and Zip Car Scheme
- Discounts on a range of local shops, restaurants, gyms and leisure centres
- Comprehensive Learning and Development programme
- A forward thinking and networked organisation where employee’s views are valued.
- Modern and flexible working environment allowing employees to benefit from agile working practices.
Closing date: Sunday 28th July 2019
Interview date: To be confirmed