Appointment Type - Permanent
Job Term - Full Time
Hours - 36
Location - Kingston and Sutton
Full details - We've set up a dedicated recruitment website for IT and Digital roles, you can learn more about the work we do, our customers, vision, available roles and what it's like to work for us by visiting www.kingston-sutton-digital-jobs.co.uk/
Digital and IT is a shared service between Kingston and Sutton Councils providing digital and technology services to both Councils as well as a number of arm's length companies.
We're committed to delivering great public services that are not only highly effective but also easily accessible. We’ve championed the digitisation of services as well as adopting a ‘mobile first’ model to ensure that this commitment is fulfilled.
Working in the Digital Customer Support team, you’ll be responsible for identifying, analysing, prioritising and managing problems through to resolution.
Its main purpose is to:
- Own, manage and develop the Problem Management process
- Reduce the operational, cost and customer impact caused by Problems or potential Problems and demonstrate that this reduction is being achieved through the Problem Management process
- Proactively identify Problems or potential problems through leading or trailing indicators. Determine and initiate preventative measures, such as identifying and investigating suspect software and other components
- Analyse Incidents and Problems to show trends and potential problem areas
- Categorise and prioritise Problems and generate work packages to track their progress and assign relevant resources against
A full overview of the role is available in the Job Profile.
Benefits we offer
Kingston Council has good access to central London and our offices are a short walk from the station based in the middle of the historic and vibrant high street next to the open spaces of the river Thames, offering a wide range of shops, restaurants and leisure facilities; all making for a desirable place to live and work.
The successful candidate will have access to a wide range of staff benefits, some of which include:
- 29 days annual leave - In addition you will receive 8 statutory bank holidays
- Local government pension scheme
- Interest free season loan ticket
- Cycle to work and Zip Car Scheme
- Discounts on a range of local shops, restaurants, gyms and leisure centres
- Comprehensive Learning and Development programme
- A forward thinking and networked organisation where employee’s views are valued.
- Modern and flexible working environment allowing employees to benefit from agile working practices.
Closing date: Sunday 28th July 2019
Interview date: To be confirmed