Appointment Type - Fixed Term - 12 Months
Job Term - Full Time
Hours - 36
Location - Kingston and Sutton
Full details - We've set up a dedicated recruitment website for IT and Digital roles, you can learn more about the work we do, our customers, vision, available roles and what it's like to work for us by visiting www.kingston-sutton-digital-jobs.co.uk/
Digital and IT is a shared service between Kingston and Sutton Councils providing digital and technology services to both Councils as well as a number of arm's length companies.
We're committed to delivering great public services that are not only highly effective but also easily accessible. We’ve championed the digitisation of services as well as adopting a ‘mobile first’ model to ensure that this commitment is fulfilled.
Working in the Portfolio team, you’ll be responsible for managing projects to support the delivery of the Digital & IT Programme of work.
Its main purpose is to:
- Take responsibility for the definition, documentation and safe execution of small, medium and large-scale projects, actively participating in all phases of the project
- Ensure that project deliverables are completed within planned cost, timescale and quality and are signed off. Monitor costs, timescales and quality, taking action where these deviate from agreed tolerances
- Identify, assess and manage risks to the success of the project
- Effectively estimate costs, timescales and resource requirements for the successful delivery of the project(s) to agreed terms of reference
- Ensure that realistic project and quality plans are prepared and maintained and track all activities against the plan, providing reports to stakeholders as appropriate
Benefits we offer
Kingston Council has good access to central London and our offices are a short walk from the station based in the middle of the historic and vibrant high street next to the open spaces of the river Thames, offering a wide range of shops, restaurants and leisure facilities; all making for a desirable place to live and work.
The successful candidate will have access to a wide range of staff benefits, some of which include:
- 29 days annual leave - In addition you will receive 8 statutory bank holidays
- Local government pension scheme
- Interest free season loan ticket
- Cycle to work and Zip Car Scheme
- Discounts on a range of local shops, restaurants, gyms and leisure centres
- Comprehensive Learning and Development programme
- A forward thinking and networked organisation where employee’s views are valued.
- Modern and flexible working environment allowing employees to benefit from agile working practices.
A full overview of the role is available in the Job Profile.
Closing date: Sunday 28th July 2019
Interview date: To be confirmed