Appointment Type - Fixed Term - 12 Months
Job Term - Full Time
Hours - 36 per week
Location - Kingston and Sutton
Full details - We've set up a dedicated recruitment website for IT and Digital roles, you can learn more about the work we do, our customers, vision, available roles and what it's like to work for us by visiting www.kingston-sutton-digital-jobs.co.uk/
Digital and IT is a shared service between Kingston and Sutton Councils providing digital and technology services to both Councils as well as a number of arm's length companies.
We're committed to delivering great public services that are not only highly effective but also easily accessible. We’ve championed the digitisation of services as well as adopting a ‘mobile first’ model to ensure that this commitment is fulfilled.
Working in the Portfolio team, you’ll be responsible for providing support to the Digital & IT Programme of work.
Its main purpose is to:
- Provide project administration support to the Portfolio Manager, Programme Manager and Project Managers
- Assist with developing and maintaining up-to-date project documentation including business cases, project initiation documents, project plans, specifications and timetables; highlight reports; risk assessments; issues lists; etc
- Provide assistance on project management processes, procedures, tools and techniques
- Provide assistance on individual project proposals and plans
- Implement and provide management of small Digital & IT projects, sub-projects, system changes, and upgrades to applications
A full overview of the role is available in the Job Profile.
Benefits we offer
Kingston Council has good access to central London and our offices are a short walk from the station based in the middle of the historic and vibrant high street next to the open spaces of the river Thames, offering a wide range of shops, restaurants and leisure facilities; all making for a desirable place to live and work.
The successful candidate will have access to a wide range of staff benefits, some of which include:
- 26/29 days annual leave - In addition you will receive 8 statutory bank holidays
- Local government pension scheme
- Interest free season loan ticket
- Cycle to work and Zip Car Scheme
- Discounts on a range of local shops, restaurants, gyms and leisure centres
- Comprehensive Learning and Development programme
- A forward thinking and networked organisation where employee’s views are valued.
- Modern and flexible working environment allowing employees to benefit from agile working practices.
Closing date: Sunday 28th July 2019
Interview date: To be confirmed