Appointment Type - Permanent
Job Term - Full Time
Hours - 36
Location - Kingston and Sutton
Full details - We've set up a dedicated recruitment website for IT and Digital roles, you can learn more about the work we do, our customers, vision, available roles and what it's like to work for us by visiting www.kingston-sutton-digital-jobs.co.uk/
Digital and IT is a shared service between Kingston and Sutton Councils providing digital and technology services to both Councils as well as a number of arm's length companies.
We're committed to delivering great public services that are not only highly effective but also easily accessible. We’ve championed the digitisation of services as well as adopting a ‘mobile first’ model to ensure that this commitment is fulfilled.
Working in the Enabling & Emerging Technology team, you’ll be responsible for leading the delivery of innovative technology. technology and data innovation and development, to ensure that the Digital & IT team and the Councils have the capacity and capability to deliver the Digital Strategy. You will also lead a small team.
Its main purpose is to:
- Lead in the specification, design, testing and implementation of large / complex systems, covering for example: objectives, scope, constraints, hardware, network and software environments, main system functions and information flows, data load and implementation strategies, phasing of development, requirements not met and alternatives considered
- Work alongside managers in the department and across the Councils to build excellence in digital and technology skills, encouraging the sharing of best practices and delivery of results
- Explore and innovate within the technologies we have and emerging technologies, including maximising customer data insights (including spatial data) for the benefit of the community
- Assist in the Digital Ambassador programme
- Work with the Digital & IT Management team to improve the Digital and IT brand
A full overview of the role is available in the Job Profile.
Benefits we offer
Kingston Council has good access to central London and our offices are a short walk from the station based in the middle of the historic and vibrant high street next to the open spaces of the river Thames, offering a wide range of shops, restaurants and leisure facilities; all making for a desirable place to live and work.
The successful candidate will have access to a wide range of staff benefits, some of which include:
- 29 days annual leave - In addition you will receive 8 statutory bank holidays
- Local government pension scheme
- Interest free season loan ticket
- Cycle to work and Zip Car Scheme
- Discounts on a range of local shops, restaurants, gyms and leisure centres
- Comprehensive Learning and Development programme
- A forward thinking and networked organisation where employee’s views are valued.
- Modern and flexible working environment allowing employees to benefit from agile working practices.
Closing date: Sunday 28th July 2019
Interview date: To be confirmed